The UMBC Alumni Association and the Office of Alumni Relations
Founded in 1970, the UMBC Alumni Association is the official representative body for more than 58,000 UMBC alumni in Maryland and throughout the world. At UMBC, you’re an “Alum from Day One.” All UMBC graduates are automatically members of the UMBC Alumni Association for life and for absolutely no membership fee. The goal of the Alumni Association is to serve the interests of alumni through educational, charitable, social, or cultural programs and involve alumni in the promotion of UMBC.
The Alumni Association is governed by a 25 – member Board of Directors
which meets four times per year to discuss matters of interest to all alumni. The Alumni Association is supported by staff members within the Office of Alumni Relations who serve as liaisons, organize alumni events, oversee alumni chapters and communities and who work on initiatives to keep alumni connected and engaged to one another and their alma mater.
The Alumni Association and Office of Alumni Relations hosts and promotes many different events, programs and initiatives for alumni that include:
Dessert and Discussion Series
– UMBC Faculty and Staff will present current event topics or highlight lectures and research from their classrooms that are interactive and educational.
Alumni and Admissions Programs
– Each spring, the Office of Admissions hosts prospective students at events in the Mid-Atlantic, New York and New Jersey area. Alumni are invited to attend and mingle with students and their families to share their love and knowledge of UMBC.
Career-related Programs and Services
– There are many ways for alums to support current students in the job exploration process through Career Week or participating as a mentor in the Professional Network. In addition to supporting current students, the Career Services Center (CSC), offers many services to alumni who are exploring job opportunities or may need to brush up on certain skills. To learn more, visit the Career Services Center website at careers.umbc.edu
– Throughout the year, we will host other events, including special speakers on campus, regional events, athletic events, and connect with UMBC alumni in their communities.
To learn more about any of the above programs and initiatives, please go to our alumni calendar
or contact us at email@example.com or 410-455-ALUM. Additionally, we invite you to consider these other ways to connect:
- An online community and directory
to help you reconnect
- Alumni Groups
to help you get involved and have fun
designed with you in mind
on the things you want and need, like insurance and RAC memberships
- UMBC Magazine
to help you stay abreast of all the amazing things happening at UMBC!
- Class Notes
so you can let your friends know what you’re up to!
, a monthly e-newsletter chock full of the latest news and upcoming events
- Alumni Awards
to recognize the great things our alumni do
that allow you to help UMBC students and even other alums
Want to know more about our alumni? Check out our Alumni Info Sheet