|Are you a proud Retriever Believer? There are a variety of ways alumni can volunteer to give back to the UMBC community. One unique opportunity is to attend one of our many spring Admissions Receptions. These events are offered through Alumni Relations and the Admissions Office.
The spring Admissions Receptions are offered to prospective students and their families on an invitation-only basis to help answer any questions they might have and to welcome them to the UMBC community. Alumni are invited to mix and mingle and to speak with students candidly about their experiences during their time at UMBC. You may choose to attend one or several of the spring Admissions Receptions.
Important things to know about the receptions:
- Alumni will need to arrive by 6:30 p.m.
- The reception runs until about 9:00 p.m.
- Alumni can expect to mix and mingle, speaking with both students and their families.
- The reception will include a brief welcome and introductions of faculty, current students, alumni and staff.
- Two of the in-state receptions are specifically for academically talented African-American students (4/1) and Hispanic and Latino Students (4/15). These receptions will include a faculty presentation, as well.
Reception dates and locations:
- Tuesday, March 11, 7 - 9 p.m., Baltimore (Hilton)
- Tuesday, March 25, 7 - 9 p.m., North Bethesda (Rockville/Strathmore)
- Tuesday, April 1, 7 - 9 p.m, UMBC Reception for Academically Talented African-American Students
- Tuesday, April 15, 7 - 9 p.m., UMBC Reception for Academically Talented Hispanic and Latino Students
- Tuesday, April 22, 7 - 9 p.m., New Jersey Reception, The Olde Mill Inn, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Wednesday, April 23, 7 - 9 p.m., New York Reception, Eisenhower Park, Long Island, NY
- Thursday, April 24, 7 - 9 p.m., Pennsylvania Reception, The Mercer Museum, Doylestown, PA
- Wednesday, April 30, 7 - 9 p.m., Transfer Student Alliance (TSA) Reception, Albin O. Kuhn Library, 7th Floor, UMBC
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica El-Zeftawy '08, '12 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 455-1678.
**Please note all events are subject to change.
Please Note: Alumni event tickets for paid events are non-refundable. Additionally, all funds raised will be administered by
the UMBC foundation for the benefit of the University